Mike Lofgren, a congressional staff member for 28 years, joins Bill Moyers to talk about what he calls Washington’s “Deep State,” in which elected and unelected figures collude to protect and serve powerful vested interests. “It is how we had deregulation, financialization of the economy, the Wall Street bust, the erosion of our civil liberties and perpetual war,” Lofgren tells Moyers. He goes on to say, “The real ‘deep state’ is about corporate power, not entrenched bureaucrats.” This right-wing catchphrase supposedly describes rebellious government workers. But moneyed influencers are the real “deep state.”
- Taiwan: China’s Next Target? | DW Analysis!
- Online Event: “Information Warfare: U.S. Competition With China” with Rep. Castro
- A New and Controversial U.S. Nuclear Weapon Goes to Sea?
- Nuclear Tipping Point – 2010 NTI Nuclear Proliferation Documentary!
- Robert Mueller Spoke. And His Message Couldn’t Have Been Clearer. | Deadline | MSNBC
TagsAfghanistan Air Force Beechcraft Boeing China Cold War Donald Trump Drones Earth Fighter Pilot Harrison Ford International Space Station ISIS ISS Lockheed Martin Mars NASA Noam Chomsky North Korea Nuclear strike President President Trump Putin Ray McGovern Russia Skunk Works South Korea Soyuz Space Space Station Syria The Aviators The Putin Files The Universe Trump U.S. Air Force U.S. Navy United States United States Air Force USAF US Air Force Vladimir Putin walter boyne WWII WW II